Monday, February 28, 2011

The Mouth, part 1

So, I had this tooth break off several months ago. Along about Thursday, I found this tiny little sore spot on the roof of my mouth. I had been enjoying Salt & Vinegar potato Chips and thought it was because of this. Those chips sure are good, but they make one's mouth sore if you eat very many!

Late Friday afternoon, I wake up from my nap and this tiny little spot is the size of a small pea. And it hurts. Not the spot, my whole mouth! It's too late to get into a dentist and not bad enough to go to the ER. I call a friend, she has a few Cipro. I go get them, maybe they will be enough to get me to Monday when I can see a dentist. I check in our medicine drawer, I have a few Hydro and a few Darvos. The Darvocets have been recalled because they "could cause serious and potentially fatal heart rhythm abnormalities." I think I'll pass on the Darvos! I pop a Hydro and a Cipro and go lay down. The Hydro DOES NOT HELP!

So I start looking online for some home remedies. I discovered that many people swear by vanilla, peppermint, and various other extracts. It makes sense, they all contain alcohol. I have lemon extract. I have Q-Tips. I swab my mouth with the lemon extract. It burns like Hades for about 20 seconds, then suddenly, there is NO PAIN! Yay. I get some sleep and go to work Friday night.

1 night down, 2 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment